Cover: Sinner's Way by A. J. C.

Annabella Balinkay hates watching people die. Unfortunately for her, it happens every time she touches someone who's seen death. So when Colin Pierce shows up at her family's inn and she can't avoid bumping into him, she's surprised to find they have something in common: they both watched his brother die. On the hunt for his killer, Colin seeks the help of Anna and her psychic family. But getting involved with the Balinkays is more dangerous than one might think. With a house that has a personality of its own and a jabberwocky that masquerades as the family cat, the least Colin has to worry about is the man who killed his brother, and who wants to kill him.
Read Sinner's Way on Figment.

[Click the image for the full-size cover!]

Attribution: Cover design by Starflower. Background texture courtesy of So-ghislaine on deviantART (http://so-ghislaine.deviantart.com/).

About the attribution: Please copy-paste the attribution into the description of your Figment piece so that the stock artists are credited properly and legally.

The design process:

I was unsure about what direction to go in, since you didn't really leave any design ideas. Eventually, I went with a texture from So-ghislaine that I really, really liked (those of you who regularly check this blog know that So-ghislaine is my GO-TO place for textures). Then I thought I might model the text after the cover of Ignite, but I quickly realized that this wouldn't work for the words in your title. So I fiddled with fonts for a while (this makes up the bulk of my design process usually, no joke) until I realized that bolding the font Champagne & Limousines creates this very cool thriller-esque thing that I used for "Sinner's" and "A. J. C.". I laid some different effects and colors over each other to create the blurring. I also softened the background texture itself to bring out the text more. After some more font-tweaking, I went with Quicksand for "way" in the title.

Thanks for requesting! Enjoy your cover!